Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When God Whispers-Carole Mayhall

My sister's Scripture Class teacher(who was my teacher as well) presented her this book.The author, Carole Mayhall calls herself a very ordinary woman but she has done an extraordinary job in capturing ordinary moments of mundane life and etching out a beautiful and meaningful insight from it.This was one of the books that inspired me to listen keenly to my Master's voice in every routine event of the day.

She has carefully divided her experiences under the following categories;
Part 1:He Transcends my Dailies
Part 2:He Transforms my Weariness
Part 3:He Thrills at my Trust
Part 4:He Touches my Hopelessness
Part 5:He Triumphs in Praise
Part 6:He Travails through my emptiness
Part 7:He Applauds my willingness
Conclusion

Each part contains several short commonplace moments where God meets us and strengthens us.Some books make you feel happy, this is one of them.It contains a warming collection of very normal facets of life, but portrays the extraordinary visitation of a supernatural God right at the place where we are, and captures His responsible, loving and embracing heart.

I really envy her style of writing, very simple but very impacting.Her amazing sense of humor smooths the treatment of tough stuff but keeps the reader focussed, so that he leaves the page without missing a point.

Though she speaks a lot of personal experiences, she is careful enough not to deviate the reader to concentrate on her life instead she has done a thorough job in keeping the reader directed straight to the heart of God.Each reflection is grounded with a relevant Scripture and ends with a short straight and refreshingly honest prayer.

This is just the perfect book to read when you are taking a break in the middle of a busy day or just before you are about to doze off totally exhausted because of the days' pressure.It is not one of those "How to relieve stress?" books rather it is a book that helps us hear the loving whisper of our Creator God.

No comments:

Post a Comment