Monday, January 12, 2009

A special day

After being saved, the one thing I was longing for like mad crazy was the annointing of the Holy Spirit.I'd run to every altar call and I'd be present in every special meeting held for this purpose.

Actually I had an issue in my own life that I was struggling with, but I conveniently buried it deep, thinking that it won't cause much harm to my relationship with God. But all through the way God was dealing with that one issue. I would say to God, "Lord I surrender completely", but there was that something in a corner that I did not let go.

I remember one time when a few girls whom I used to strengthen and encourage in the Lord walked with me to the altar and they received the annointing and I did not.That was the height of my embarrasment and frustration.

The devil strikes you most when you are hungry and when you are angry. Fortunately for him, I was both at that time..Furiously hungry!!! he made me to believe that I don't really need an 'annointing' or 'tongues', and that these were just for a few who are called for a different purpose.

I believed it and I was satisfied.His theory gave me real peace and comfort. And I stopped praying for it or reading about it or listening to teachings about it.It was just not for me. I was brainwashed.

It was at this time that I came to Chennai, India for completing my higher school education. By divine appointment I was acquainted with Evelyn, how we became the best of friends is another amusing story.

My bad luck, she received her annointing just weeks before, and ohmygosh, this girl would not stop yapping about her experience. She would go on and on and on and I would be so polite outside but trying to hide my anger and irritation with the widest smile possible.The truth was that I really loved this girl and was very happy to be in her company, but when she opened this stuff, it was like a pandora's box for me.

While this was happening, God was also directly confronting me about the issues of my life, which He was not very happy about. For the first time, I let go of it, and asked God to strenghten me to stick to my decisions. I was so sure I had to leave it in order to satisfy God.I accepted my fault, repented  and surrendered to His grace.

Slowly as my friendship grew with Evelyn. I started understanding a different dimension called trust-relationship. I believed that God put her in my life. Until that, I never spoke about my personal life to anybody, but that one day, I spoke my entire heart to her.I spoke about my issues and the decisions that I took, but again conveniently hiding the fact that I had stopped asking for the annointing.After this little talk, my sin was no longer tormenting me, because I had confessed it, repented it, received forgiveness from my Lord, and now by sharing it with a God given friend, nothing remained buried, everything was brought to light.Believe me!! sin cannot survive the Light.

One day, we paired up for studying Math together at my place. We'd gone through the stuff, had a few laughs and suddenly she strikes me, "Callie, are you praying to receive the annointing??".
I am the kind who always walks around with a self defence mechanism, never succumb to emotional blackmail. I always thought I was invulnerable. But that moment, I burst to tears.The first time I actually cried to a third person. I poured out everything. She was totaly understanding. When she left home, I was on my knees crying, praying. I felt like the prodigal daughter.I said, "God I am back!! I surrender all, please annoint me."I became crazy hungry again.

In about 2 months I left to Dubai for my Summer hols.I was dying to hear some teaching about the Holy Spirit, but we had no such sessions. At that time, I got hold of this book, "The Gifts and Ministries of the Holy Spirit" -Lester Sumrall in a resource centre present in our church premisis. When I took it to the counter. The cashier looked at the book, looked at me, looked at the book,looked at me and said; "This is one heavy book, you are taking kid!".I did not really understandwhat he meant because it was just a small 300 pages paperback.

I went home, and after dinner began reading it, I was hooked. I could not keep it down. I read and read, till it was about 2:30 am. The first thing that I was thinking about the next day, was the book, I went back to it. I read it like mad. I read every word, read the bible references. I studied it. I bought the book on 16th April 2004.I finished it on 24th April 2004 11:30 pm.After finishing it. I prayed. I walked the length of my room and said "God I badly need this power. I am desperate. Please don't make me wait any longer". 

The next morning April 25th 2004, my mom wakes me at 6:00 am; which is quite unusual on a holiday. She told me, "A man of God is coming home at 10:00 to pray for us, Get ready"!!I wasn't really expecting anything, I thought it was those usual prayers that used to happen in my house. I got ready. The person came and we chatted for a while, and then prayer time began. He was praying for my mom. Then suddenly he placed his hand on my head and I started believing that I would receive the annointing that moment.

Bang!! the fire was let loose. My God had answered my prayer.25th April 2004,the most memorable day of my life ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment